Rhonda L. Edwards
Rhonda L. Edwards has a varied background that is mostly technical. She is a Registered Medical Technologist since 1987, and a Registered Specialist in Blood Banking since 1996. Hopefully you won’t need her services in that capacity but if you do, she will be glad to put that background to work for you.
After 13 years working for hospitals, she moved her skill set into business analytics as a data analyst and system administrator for an insurance company. A side benefit is that it caused her to develop expertise in spreadsheet, database and presentation software. Due to a very generous tuition reimbursement program, close proximity to the University of Central Arkansas, and a husband that works late during tax season, she also became a licensed science teacher with a Master of Art in Teaching degree.
In order to expand their small tax preparation and legal business, Rhonda went to law school. She anticipates graduating in December 2015 and taking the Arkansas Bar Exam in February of 2016. In the meantime, she is the technical support of the tax preparation business, as well as the clerical support to her husband, Jim, an Arkansas Attorney, for legal matters.
You will find Rhonda in the Paris, AR office at 19 N. Elm St.
Rhonda L. Edwards
19 N. Elm St.
Paris, AR 72855
Juris Doctorate Anticipated 2015, University of Arkansas, Bowen, Little Rock, AR, Emphasis Tax Law.
Master of Arts in Teaching, Dec 2011, University of Central Arkansas, AR License Secondary Science.
Fellow, Academy of Healthcare Management, October 2002.
Health Insurance Associate, America’s Health Insurance Plans, May 2007.
Masters in Business Administration, May 2000, Webster University, Campus – Little Rock, Arkansas.
Specialist in Blood Banking – Registration number 4399, 1996, American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
Medical Technologist – Registration number 172368, 1987, American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
Bachelor of Science, Medical Technology, August 1987, Corpus Christi State University
Currently known as Texas A&M University, Campus – Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Successful inception, development and management of Projects’ and Systems’ analyses.
- Experience with adhoc analysis and group reporting from Data Warehouse.
- Written many Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
- Previous supervisory experience, including all aspects of employee relations; interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, evaluation, oversight, and termination.
- Familiar with Government regulations (CFR sections for Blood Banks and computer systems, CLIA, HIPAA, NIST, etc) and preparing strategies for compliance.
- Experience with Capital equipment justification and budget preparation.
System Administrator duties: Have experience with the support and administration of over 20 servers for multiple and varied applications including handheld devices, compliance software for Homeland Security Act, Enterprise anti-virus management, Certificate of Benefit booklet printing, and Asset Master List as part of routine duties.
Interfaces: Experience building proprietary interfaces with a Physician office management software application using both HL7 and ASTM standards. Experience mapping SNOMED coding using IBM’s Health Data Network clinical application, the Medical Entities Dictionary. Familiar with the ANSI Transaction sets and the HIPAA standards. Familiar with the terminology and legal use of the following medical coding sets: ICD-9 Diagnosis and Procedures, ICD-10 revision, CPT, HCPCS, Revenue Codes, NDC, SNOMED RT, SNOMED CT and LOINC. Developed the Electronic Formulary for previous employer using a vendor-supplied template.
Shrink-wrap software: Microsoft Office suite – Expert user of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, versions 2003 – 2013, and Online MS Office 365. Experience with graphic editors and text editors, including Adobe Photoshop, MS Paint, Snag-IT, Notepad, and UltraEdit. Familiarity with other presentation software including Prezi and Keynote.
Experience with OpenOffice applications. Knowledgeable user of Adobe Acrobat.
- Experienced Blood Banker.
- Experience with many medical information systems.
Communications and Training Experience:
- Selected to present a lecture on Data Mining as a representative of Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield at the Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. April 2003.
- Adjunct Professor teaching Statistics for Central Baptist College P.A.C.E. program in Conway, Arkansas.
- Completed a Master of Arts in teaching program to improve my presentation, communication and general teaching skills.
- Excellent References and Portfolio on request