Jimmie G. Edwards, (Jim), is a tax-preparing, chicken farming, lawn mowing, post-hole digging, game hunting angler. He is also an Arkansas Attorney, licensed since 1983. As he often says, he “just doesn’t know what he wants to be when he grows up.” He does know what is important: YOU. He enjoys getting to know people and working diligently on their behalf. Working on the farm is one of the best ways to let his mind work out tax and legal issues. His experiences in life and work provide a great foundation from which to form solutions to complex matters.
He credits his service in the U.S. Marines with setting his work ethic and discipline in concrete. He joined the Little Rock Police Department in 1972 and enjoyed serving the people of Little Rock. Over the years, he also gained experience in the courtroom as a Deputy Prosecutor. After 28 years of service with the Little Rock Police Department, he had a heart attack and bypass surgery at age 49, which caused him to retire early as a Lieutenant. He understands first-hand how health issues affect your life and your family.
Ironically, his heart attack had an unpredicted benefit. It allowed him to prepare income tax returns full-time to supplement his retirement income. Income tax preparation became another way to serve people and create long-term relationships. You will usually find Jim at the farm in Logan County except during tax season; he will be in the Conway, AR office at 315 Salem Rd.
Here comes the professional (translate: boring) stuff that most people want to know before they pay someone their hard-earned money to prepare their income taxes or represent their legal interest:
- Enlisted in and served the United States Marine Corp. Honorably discharged in 1972. “Semper Fi!”
- Joined the Little Rock Police Department in 1973.
- Arkansas Bar License – February 1983.
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney: Grant County (1983 – 19XX); 6th Judicial District (200X – 200X).
- Retired from Little Rock Police Department, 2001 as the Lieutenant over Fraud, Forgery and Larceny.
- Income tax preparer since 1998.
- A.L.R. Associates Degree
- A.L.R. Bachelor of Science – 1977, Double major Biology and Psychology
- A.L.R. School of Law – December 1982 – Juris Doctorate
315 Salem Rd., Conway, AR 72034 501.336.8442 firstname.lastname@example.org http://edwardstaxar.com